The Athletic's Peter Rutzler and David Ornstein explain why Fraser is unlikely to move to the Emirates.
- The 26-year-old will become a free agent and he's set to be in demand even though Fraser has failed to replicate his stellar form of the previous campaign.
- Lots of clubs will prioritise swap deal and free transfers being short of cash for the coming window and the Scotsman is an attractive target in that respect.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The winger hoped to make a move to a top-six side last summer but no side placed a bid; Fraser admitted that the uncertainty about his future impacted his performances this season.
- Fraser even changed his agent last year and is now represented by Paul Martin, who's also Mikel Arteta's representative.
- However, the Bournemouth star is 'not thought to be high on Arsenal’s list' as the Gunners previously had certain concerns about his 'introverted personality'; the north Londoners had doubts over his ability to withstand the pressure of playing for a top club.
- Those who have worked with Fraser believe his reserved personality and the lifestyle he leads ideally fit clubs like Bournemouth with mid-table clubs, including Everton, Crystal Palace, Watford and Newcastle, expected to be more active regarding the Scotsman in the coming window.
Source: The Athletic