Reinvigorated Aubameyang & 7 other key observations from Rennes victory
Following a resounding 3-0 victory over Rennes in the second leg, Arsenal find themselves in the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
- Aubameyang's confidence is completely restored. He might've missed two sitters, but he scored two very crucial goals.
- Maitland-Niles scored his first goal at the Emirates.
- Emery started all four of Ramsey, Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacazette for just the sixth time this season and we've won all of those games.
- Ramsey and Xhaka look really solid in the midfield. This pairing brings energy and fluidity to the team.
- 12 Arsenal players have now scored in the Europa League which is more than in any other team.
- Iwobi and Mkhitaryan looked very good coming from the bench as they played a part in the third goal.
- Arsenal have advanced to the quarter-finals of the Europa League for the second year in a row.
- The Gunners now have a two-week break due to the FA Cup and the international break.