Reinvigorated Aubameyang & 7 other key observations from Rennes victory
Following a resounding 3-0 victory over Rennes in the second leg, Arsenal find themselves in the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
- Aubameyang's confidence is completely restored. He might've missed two sitters, but he scored two very crucial goals.
- Maitland-Niles scored his first goal at the Emirates.
My man of the match is Ainsley Maitland-Niles. Worked tirelessly, defended very well & grabbed a goal. Just a month ago he was being slated for ‘laziness’ in the comments section of his Instagram. Now he’s put in back-to-back top displays in Europe & vs United. Hats off to him.— Patrick Timmons (@PatrickTimmons1) March 14, 2019
- Emery started all four of Ramsey, Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacazette for just the sixth time this season and we've won all of those games.
- Ramsey and Xhaka look really solid in the midfield. This pairing brings energy and fluidity to the team.
- 12 Arsenal players have now scored in the Europa League which is more than in any other team.
Arsenal have now produced 12 different scorers in this season's #UEL:— Coral (@Coral) March 14, 2019
No team has produced more. pic.twitter.com/G4jnMLM3GC
- Iwobi and Mkhitaryan looked very good coming from the bench as they played a part in the third goal.
- Arsenal have advanced to the quarter-finals of the Europa League for the second year in a row.
- The Gunners now have a two-week break due to the FA Cup and the international break.