Invincibles ranked among 5 best teams in Premier League era
- Glen Williams delivers his ranking of the greatest teams in England since 1992.
- He ranks the legendary Arsenal team that finished a 2003/04 season unbeaten as the fourth best team in the Premier League era.
- Ferguson's Treble-winning United are ranked as the best team over 27 years in England.
5. Manchester City hit 100 points (2017-18)
4. Arsenal's Invincibles (2003-04)
"For football fans of a certain generation, Arsenal's Invincibles were the perfect team. Under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger, the Gunners were the epitome of silky football.
"Led by the colossus that is Patrick Vieira and an attack which was spearheaded by the peerless Thierry Henry, this side was easy on the eye but had a backbone as sturdy as you'd like. The Gunners went an unprecedented 49 league games without a defeat, but missed out on their half century when they were consigned to a 2-0 loss to Manchester United.
"The run began at the end of the 2002-03 season and ended at the beginning of the 2004-05 season – so it is no surprise the lifted the Premier League trophy the season in between. It was Wenger's career highlight, he conquered England and cemented himself into the history books at the north London club."
3. Manchester City domestic Treble (2018-19)
2. Leicester win the Premier League (2015-16)
1. Manchester United's Treble (1998-99)
Where would you put Invincibles in this ranking?