Should Eddie Howe be on Arsenal's radar? Pros and cons analysed
Arsenal might need a new manager soon, despite reports the board are backing Unai Emery to improve the rather grim situation at the Emirates.
Many names have been linked to the big job, including former Gunners Patrick Vieira, Freddie Ljungberg and Mikel Arteta - but did one candidate fall out of the hat?
We think he did. Does Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe deserves a shot? We take a look below.
- Premier League experience: 164 games in charge of Bournemouth in the top flight.
- Attacking style of play: the Cherries are always fun to watch, even if they concede an awful lot.
- He’s young, he’s English: Howe will have no problems communicating in English, just as much he won’t have a problem sticking around for longer than 2 seasons. If Arsenal start winning games, of course.
- Zero experience in Europe: if Arsenal get back into the Champions League, just how well can Howe perform there?
- Never managed a top club: remember David Moyes? The transition from Everton to Manchester United didn’t go well.
- Coping with big-name players: not as easy as it seems. Unai Emery can confirm.
Do you agree with our assessment? Chime in with your thought below.