Man City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): match report
• The beginning of this fixture was unfortunate for Liverpool - Manchester City opened the score just at the 2nd minute of the game.
• Mane was not careful and hit City's Otamendi in the groin in attempt to get the ball. City's goalie responded aggressively, he started pushing our forward. Mane got booked.
City kept pushing through the whole first half. There were no dangerous chances created by Liverpool players. In some way, City playing looked like Liverpool in their previous match.
It didn't look like Liverpool were ready to score. Mane and Salah switched sides 17 minutes before the end of the first half but it didn't change much for the Reds.
• At the 30th minute of the game Trent got the yellow card for grabbing a Manchester City player. The ref also booked Bernando Silva. At the same time, he didn't notice Milner's handball.
• Minute 33: Firmino booked after a tackle on De Bruyne. A lot of yellow cards for Liverpool during this game.
A couple of minutes before the end of the first half Liverpool finally started playing in a more confident manner. Our first shot on goal was 41 minutes in the game. It didn't work out and City's counter-attack almost ended in 2-0. Luckily the goal was cancelled - offside.
• After the end of the first time Pep Guardiola was on the pitch, furious at the ref. He got sent off.
• Minute 56: Salah scored Liverpool's first goal of the game. Fans on the stands immediately started singing, a feeling of confidence filled the field.
• Virgil van Dijk became yet another booked Liverpool player at the 65th minute of the fixture. The battles for the ball were becoming more and more intense.
• Minute 77: Firmino's rocket ball gave Liverpool the lead making it almost impossible for City to even hope for the victory.
Just a minute before the end of the second half Klopp replaced Salah with Ings. Salah got standing ovations and on this happy note Liverpool moved right into Champions League Semi-Finals.
YNWA, lads, YNWA!