Here's everything you need to know about the upcoming clash at Stamford Bridge!
🤺 Head to head (via BBC)
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 11 league matches against Norwich, winning nine.
- The Canaries have not beaten Chelsea in 26 years.
- After winning their first two Premier League away games against Chelsea (September 1992 and October 1993), Norwich are winless in their last six league visits to Stamford Bridge (D1 L5).
📋More stats to know (via Opta)
- Chelsea have won their last four Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge, scoring at least two goals in each victory.
- The Blues last won five consecutively at home in the Premier League in December 2017, during a run of seven wins under Antonio Conte.
- This is the sixth time a side is facing Chelsea in their first Premier League match following relegation - Chelsea have won all previous five, most recently against Cardiff in 2013-14.
- Norwich have lost 24 Premier League games this season - they've never lost more in a league campaign in their history.
- Norwich are currently on a run of seven consecutive Premier League defeats - they've never lost eight consecutive league games in their history.
⚽ Probable line-up (via Tribuna.com)
💬 Quotes from the managers
- Frank Lampard, Chelsea:
"We've got a few games now, we know that. We want to win them and then see if it gets us European, Champions League football for next season. I was never pinning my hopes on it being an extra team getting in or not, we worry about ourselves.
"If we win enough games now we can get into the Champions League. We are sitting third, it is in our hands. I wouldn’t want the players to be thinking that there is an extra place, can we relax a little more? It can’t be the way.
"The pressure is there to get Champions League football. It is just what happened [with City], it is clear now. It’s the position and we have to fight for it."
- Daniel Farke, Norwich:
"I'd have preferred to play Chelsea in a more comfortable situation, they'll be highly motivated to earn their Champions League position. We don't want to win to upset Chelsea, but make our fans proud.
Once we have a spotless day, we can even win points against a top side like Manchester City or Chelsea. If players don't reach their limit, we cannot win. We must reach this level against Chelsea. We want to prove when we're good in our topics we are able to win points."