The transfer genius has given us a team that can dominate English and European football for the next few seasons - Tribuna.com takes a look at some of the most astute decisions made by Granovskaia.
Buying Christian Pulisic
- Then-manager Maurizio Sarri stated that he had no idea Chelsea were buying Pulisic until the day before the signing happened.
- It was Marina's decision to go through with the transfer - she reportedly recruited him (as per Forbes) and made the final decision to bring him to London. A good call, we'd say!
Kept Rudiger and Tomori this window
- The Blues weren't prepared to let go of Antonio Rudiger on loan and Fikayo Tomori chose to stay too rather than leave on loan. While the final call was Tomori's, who's to say that he didn't have some encouragement to stay from the head office?
- Now, Chelsea have 5 centre-backs to choose from across the season; this could be very handy in case one or two of them suffer an injury (example - Liverpool being without Van Dijk for the remainder of the season).
Found CL club on loan for Sarr
- Signing Malang Sarr on a free deal was a masterstroke in itself, but loaning him out to Porto was even better!
- Not only does he get playing time at a great European club, but he will also get some valuable Champions League experience under his belt and come back better next season.
Selling Oscar, Nemanja Matic and Alvaro Morata for over £150M
Barkley and Ampadu out on good loans
Any other instances you can recall? Let us know down below!