Premier League talking points: can Rafael Benitez scupper Maurizio Sarri?
Guardian's Jacob Steinberg singles out the most exciting things to look forward this weekend.
• Stretched Tottenham squad could be punished by Paul Pogba
• Feast-or-famine season frustrates Leicester City
• Mesut Ozil faces fight to force way back in
• Marco Silva on shaky ground after Farhad Moshiri's comments
Benitez will be looking to frustrate Sarri
"Having seen how Chelsea were frustrated by Southampton's organisation in their previous league game, it is unlikely that Newcastle will be adventurous when they visit Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Rafael Benitez often uses a spoiling approach against the big sides and the Spaniard will surely tell his players to sit deep, absorb pressure and try to take advantage of Maurizio Sarri's issues in attack."
"Chelsea drew another blank in their midweek defeat by Tottenham, despite dominating territory and possession, and it will not be in Newcastle's interests to play an open game. Another game of patience will test Sarriball's foundations."
• Jurgen Klopp's defensive quandary for trip to Brighton
• David Wagner turns to Jason Puncheon to end losing run
• Tom Cleverley's return eases Watford's window worries
• Wolves wary of Pep Guardiola's goal-hungry side
• Sean Dyche's side on rise thanks to Dwight McNeil's menace