Chelsea offer refund for live stream issues on their app during Bohemians friendly
- The 5th Stand users faced problems while trying to watch the game.
- The refund process will be automatic on Android.
- On Apple/iOS, users need to file a report.
The users of The 5th Stand, Chelsea's official app, faced problems while trying to watch the game between their favourite club and Bohemians.
Those who have paid £1.99 for live stream are due to be refunded, the club's official website has confirmed.
For those who tried to watch the game on an Android-supported device, the process should be automatic and take about 48 hours.
If users streamed the game on an Apple device, they will need to apply for a refund via their Problem Reporting page.
Here are the necessary following steps, courtesy of We Ain't Got No History website:
- Log in with your Apple ID user name and password. Then go through the two-factor verification, with the six-digit code.
- Select the ‘Apps’ tab near the top (second from left)
- Click the ‘Report a Problem’ button on the right on the appropriate row
- In the ‘Choose Problem’ dropdown select I want a refund
- Enter “Live stream not working” in the reason field and submit the problem
- You should hear back from Apple within a few days to a week.
Chelsea have vowed to investigate the matter thoroughly and do their utmost for the issues to be solved before the game against St. Patrick.