'I didn’t see this coming': Charlton boss Bowyer disappointed over Chelsea's Gallagher recall
- The Blues have recalled Conor Gallagher.
- Lee Bowyer didn't see this coming.
- It's hard to take, the Addicks' manager admits.
- The 43-year-old thanks the 19-year-old for great work and wishes him all the best in the future.
- As per the Englishman, the midfielder is a great talent.
"I’m disappointed," the 43-year-old told the Addicks' official website. "I didn’t see this coming if I’m honest which makes it harder to take. At the end of the day, though, we have to move on.
"He’s been a credit and a pleasure to work with. He’s come in and put his body on the line every single day. He’s scored us goals and helped us win games.
"For someone so young, he’s a great talent to work with and I wish him all the best for his future. He’s come in, learnt and he’s going back a better player than we received and that’s what our job is - to improve players."
Gallagher has been impressive this season so far. The 19-year-old made 26 appearances for Charlton, missing only one Championship game due to yellow card suspension, scored 6 goals and provided 3 assists.
Despite the midfielder's impact, the Addicks are fighting just 5 points above the relegation zone at the moment. The Blues are eager to find a side which could give Conor more opportunities to improve.