- Gazzetta dello Sport said that the midfielder is leaning to Juventus move as he no longer sees staying at Barca as a must.
- However, as per the player's inner circle, as cited by Mundo Deportivo, this is not true.
- Arthur has not changed his objective: to succeed at the Camp Nou.
The rumours are coming thick and fast as the summer transfer window approaches. Just recently, Gazzetta dello Sport claimed that Arthur Melo is rethinking his hard 'I am staying at Barcelona' stance and leaning towards Juventus move.
However, people from the player's inner circle have denied these rumours when Mundo Deportivo have asked to comment on the possibility of the midfielder's departure. The Brazilian has once again made it clear that his objective is to stay at the Camp Nou.
Just like he said on April 29 to Marca: "There's always speculation, but my idea is really clear. The only option that interests me is staying at Barcelona."
Arthur reportedly remains on Juventus's wishlist. The Italian club have refused to give up on landing the 23-year-old this summer and they've always insisted on his signing every time they have talks with Barca.
On Sunday evening, Diario Sport announced that Barcelona and Juventus agreed on the swap deal which doesn't involve Arthur. As part of the operation, Nelson Semedo would join the Bianconeri for €25m while Pjanic and De Sciglio would move to Barca.
However, these rumours were denied by tier-one sources.
As for Arthur, he joined Barca from Gremio for €31million in the summer of 2018. So far, he has scored four goals in 67 matches.