Although Bartomeu has less than a year left as president, many want him gone as soon as possible.
- A group of club members (socios) plan to launch a motion of no confidence against Josep Maria Bartomeu and the current board, Cadena SER report.
- Only fans having official club membership will be able to sign the petition.
- If the report turns out to be true, it will be the third time there's an attempt to sack the board and its president.
- Former presidential candidate Augusti Benedito launched motions of no confidence twice, in 2017 and 2019, failing both times.
- Back then, the club tried to obstruct the motion to remove Bartomeu by giving Benedito less time than normally approved to collect the signatures.
Is it worth changing presidents now that we are almost a month away from the start of the new season? Tell us in the comments below or use our blogging platform!