The left-back still accomplishes his attacking duties perfectly.
- Jordi Alba messed up defensively in the Supercopa final against Athletic Bilbao as he was responsible for 2 of 3 conceded goals.
- Things got slightly better with Oscar Mingueza on the pitch; the Spaniard came for Sergino Dest, creating a three-at-the-back formation.
- This is not the first time it works well for Alba: the left-back was particularly good against Real Valladolid when Ronald Koeman tested such formation for the first time at Barca.
- Against Bilbao on Sunday, Jordi did an impressive job upfront, managing an assist and making some key passes.
- Besides, the way he linked up with Leo Messi was quite special.
- However, he struggles defensively if there's no extra man covering him at the back – this is why he's especially good for the 3-4-2-1 (or the 5-2-3) formation like the one against Valladolid.
Join this Telegram channel if you want to read super-interesting football stories that even big media fail to notice sometimes