5 players who may join & 4 who could leave Barca: midweek transfer round-up from top sources
• According to the Catalan-based paper SPORT, Barcelona haven't ended their interest in La Masia graduate Thiago Alcantara, despite the long-awaited signing of Arthur Melo. Abidal believes that it's still necessary to sign a high-profile Iniesta replacement to complete the squad for the next season and his preferred candidature is Thiago.
Thiago Bundesliga player of the season [Opta] pic.twitter.com/PJYzzCjqHe— Bayern & Germany (@iMiaSanMia) May 23, 2017
• AS claim Barcelona have paid the €35m release clause of Sevilla defender Clement Lenglet. The French centre-back is expected to arrive in Barcelona on Thursday to sign his contract with the Catalans.
• Le Parisien understand the PSG have allowed Adrien Rabiot to join Barca if the €40m asking price is met. However, Blaugrana would hope to negotiate that price down as the as the 23-year-old's contract runs out next summer. Blaugrana have also reportedly agreed €600,000 per month contract terms with the Frenchman.
• According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca still plan to sign Frenkie de Jong from Ajax. But only in July of 2019. The club rate the midfielder very highly and see him as a prospect for future. Thus, the Catalans want to strike a deal with Ajax similar to one they had with Gremio on Arthur.
• SPORT understand the Catalan giants made Eden Hazard their transfer priority this summer. Barcelona have made the first contact with the Chelsea winger's representatives and have been told that the 27-year-old is desperate to leave Premier League and would be interested with a move to Catalonia.
• Barca's Brazilian centre-back, Marlon Santos, is very close to his departure to England. Southampton has been linked with the player for the last several weeks, and now the sides are ready to complete the deal. The Saints will play €12 million for the defender, which is enough for Barca.
• Catalan-based SPORT report that Jasper Cillessen is set to have a meeting with Barca bosses to clarify his future. The club is ready to 'facilitate' Cillissen transfer if the right offer will arrive, potentially lowering their asking price for the Dutchman to €30m.
• SPORT believe Lucas Digne has asked Barcelona to let him leave if an adequate offer arrives. Big European clubs have shown interest in his signature, including Bayern Munich and Juventus. Blaugrana are not against the move and would consider selling if an interested club provides them with an offer which exceeds €16m they paid PSG two years ago.
• Italian media outlet Il Messegero report that Barcelona midfielder Rafinha may continue his career in Lazio as the team from the outskirts of Rome are eyeing a move for the Brazilian. The source claims that Lazio want a permanent transfer and may include Barcelona-linked Luis Alberto in the deal.