Mundo Deportivo: PSG join Barca & Real Madrid in race for La Masia graduate Kubo
- Barca, Real Madrid and PSG are all interested in FC Tokyo talent Takefusa Kubo.
- Los Blancos are the frontrunners in the race for the attacker, according to Marca.
- The youngster spent four years at La Masia, he was one of the players involved in the case that led to a transfer ban for the Catalans.
- Barcelona have been following his progress ever since.
It's quite common that Barcelona and Real Madrid become the rivals not only on the pitch but on the transfer market, too. This time La Liga giants are going to clash over a wunderkind rumoured to be the biggest talent Japanese football ever has had.
Takefusa Kubo, a 17-year-old attacking midfielder, is set to leave FC Tokyo for a European top club. Kubo was the youngest debutant in the history of J League at the age of 15. Since the start of the current season in February, he made eight appearances across two competitions and contributed to two goals (one goal, one assist) playing mainly as a second striker.
Japanese talent Takefusa Kubo (17) has so far in his career:— Football Insight (@Ftbl_Insight) April 9, 2019
- Made 25 apperences for Japan at youth level, scoring 15 goals.
- Made 6 apparences in the J1 League registering 1 assist.
- Became the youngest goal scorer in the history of the Japanese League Cup#FCTokyo pic.twitter.com/NNslCc9bfa
Now, the youngster is on the radar of both Real Madrid and Barcelona while PSG joined the race Kubo, who has been labelled 'Japanese Messi', as well, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Interestingly, the Japanese starlet spent four years in La Masia and the Catalans have gotten in trouble because of this. Barca signed Kubo at the age of 10 in 2011, and his case was among those recognized by FIFA as an illegal signing of U18 players that led to Barcelona’s infamous transfer ban in 2015.
Real shame Takefusa Kubo isn't going to the U20 World Cup, but to make up for it, Jun Nishikawa is going!— Brian Bertie (@B_Bertie98) April 22, 2019
I saw him in the AFC U16 and he is very talented. Clever number 10 with an excellent through ball in him. Plays for Cerezo Osaka and has debuted in the J-League. pic.twitter.com/mats3vWGu3
Nevertheless, Kubo, tied by Barca with a pre-contract, has been on the Blaugrana agenda since the day he left La Masia to return to Japan because of the FIFA sanction.