Breaking: Atletico president confirms Griezmann transfer to Barcelona
- Atletico's CEO said in an interview that Antoine and Barcelona reached an agreement in March.
- The information was confirmed by highly-credible journalist Fabrizio Romano.
- It is likely that Barca won't announce the transfer before July 1.
According to highly-reliable source Fabrizio Romano, Antoine Griezmann is sure to join Barcelona, as this was confirmed by Atletico Madrid's chief executive officer Gil Marin in an interview to Sport:
"We know since last March that Griezmann is going to Barcelona”, he said.
However, the announcement is unlikely to follow soon. Barcelona still can't make any signings before July 1. Moreover, the 28-year-old's release clause will drop to only €120m and it's expected that Barca will trigger it. Antoine is expected to take a pay-cut in order to join the Catalans.
Although the details of his future contract at Barca remain unknown, reliable journalist Quim Domenech revealed earlier that the deal is likely to be:
- Contract for five years
- First two seasons: €19m-per-year
- From the third season onward: €23m-per-year