Why Barca would prefer to sign Alaba over other left-backs explained in 5 sentences
Barcelona have been linked with Bayern's left-back David Alaba, over the past few days, with the German side allegedly turning down the Blaugrana's approach. Nevertheless, the Austrian remains a priority for the Catalans. And, according to Mundo Deportivo, there are good reasons for this.
- First of all, Alaba is a very versatile player who can feature at three different positions in additions to being a world-class left-back.
- The 27-year-old can also play in central and defensive midfield and as a centre-back.
- His talents don't end there as David also featured as a striker and attacking midfielder for his national team.
- Finally, Alaba is a very technically gifted player, whom Pep Guardiola himself described as 'a crazy talent' during his time at Bayern.
- His hight (180sm) and incredible pace in combination with high footballing IQ make Alaba almost impossible to pass on for Barca, providing that the player is available.
Is David Alaba the best option available on the market?
Also, download this brilliant transfer news app to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!