How Barca newcomers fared on their debut against Chelsea explained in 6 one-liners
Griezmann, Neto and De Jong enjoyed their first-ever appearances in the Blaugrana colours this Tuesday as the Catalans were sadly defeated by Chelsea. Tribuna.com assess the respective displays of this trio.
- The Frenchman completed the first 45 minutes despite a horrifying injury scare in the 17th minute which could see him leaving the pitch prematurely.
- He nearly opened the scoring with a header from a corner early in the game and set up a great chance for Ousmane Dembele to score an equalizer shortly before the break.
- The Brazilian lasted for the final 45 minutes and made two stunning saves, including a deflected shot and former Blaugrana Pedro Rodriguez's dangerous effort.
- However, there was nothing he could have done with Ross Barkley's perfectly-placed strike which doubled Chelsea's lead.
- The 22-year-old enjoyed a promising second half thanks to his confidence with the ball and incredible talent both helping in the defence and joining the attack.
- The Dutchman was outstanding in possession as he completed all 42 passes he attempted during the final 45 minutes of the game.
WATCH ALSO: Griezmann, De Jong and Neto's impressive debuts
Also, download this brilliant transfer news app to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!