Positive takeaways from Japan tour broken down in 6 sentences
Having beaten Vissel Kobe 2-0, Barcelona return to Catalonia in order to resume their pre-season. Here are six positive things Marca's Ramiro Adulante noticed in Barca's pre-season:
- Ernesto Valverde went full 'rotation mode' changing the entire squad at half time which allowed youngsters like Jaime, Monchu, Collado and Orio Busquets show their abilities.
- Barca B players like Riqui Puig and Carlez Perez played 90 minutes the two matches (Chelsea and Kobe) and both have impressed, with Ernesto even promising to use them in La Liga matches next season.
- Samuel Umtiti and Jean-Clair Todibo both looked sharp despite barely playing in the last term and Barca's defence line looks impressive ahead of the next season despite lack of signings.
- Frenkie de Jong is set to become a starter as the Dutchman has been one of the best on the pitch, carrying the ball forward and creating several chances.
Frenkie and Iniesta after Kobe game:
- Ousmane Dembele looks determined to improve even more as the Frenchman seems to be back at his best after starting the pre-season earlier than the rest of the squad.
- Rafinha and Malcom both looked good in the two matches which could help the Catalans demand a higher fee for the Brazilians.
What did you like best about the Asian tour?