Happy birthday Pedro: Barca legend turns 32
- The winger spent 11 years at La Masia and Barcelona combined.
- He scored in the 2011 Champions League final win.
- Pedro is currently at Chelsea.
Pedro Rodriguez was part of Barcelona for 11 years if the years at the La Masia Academy are also counted. The winger left the Catalan giants for Chelsea in 2015. Still, he is fondly remembered by the Cules.
This Sunday, July 28, Pedro turns 32 years. During his Blaugrana times, he made 204 La Liga appearances for Barcelona and scored 58. He also left the mark on the 2011 Champions League final win as he opened the scoring in the 3-1 Manchester United victory. What would you wish him?
By the way, Pedro's Chelsea faced Barcelona during the pre-season tour in Japan on Tuesday, July 23. The Blues won 2-1.
If you're interested, here are ten facts you might have not known about Pedro:
- Pedro is the first player in history to score in all competitions he has played in one season.
- The winger was born on the Canary Islands in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- His nickname is 'Pedrito'.
- He made his Camp Nou debut against Murcia back in the 2007-08 season.
- The Spanish international scored 99 total goals for Barca.
- His last goal for Blaugrana became the winning goal against Sevilla in the 2015 European Supercup match (5-4).
- At Barca, Pedro has worn the 33, 27, 17 and 7 jerseys.
- A big match player, the 31-year-old scored in 5 finals (including the Champions League final against Manchester United).
- He has won 25 trophies with the team.
- Most of his goals came against Espanyol and Rayo Vallecano.