From Espanyol youth team to first brace for Barca seniors: Carles Perez's rise exposed in 5 one-liners
The 21-year-old is tipped to earn the first-team promotion. Tribuna.com assesses the progress of the promising winger
- Carles Perez joined the La Masia Academy from Barcelona's local rivals Espanyol's Academy back in 2012.
- The winger was instrumental in the title-winning 2017/2018 UEFA Youth League campaign with seven goals in nine matches.
- Last season, Perez scored nine goals for Barcelona B and made his first-team debut in La Liga.
- The 21-year-old lasted for 17 minutes in the 2-2 away Eibar draw in the league final fixture of the campaign.
- This Saturday, July 27, Perez played for 45 minutes in the 2-0 friendly win at Vissel Kobe and scored both goals.