Marca: Coutinho set to remain at Barca
- The Catalans failed to offload the Brazilian to Premier League before the window shut down.
- They could still include him in the exchange deal with PSG to get Neymar back.
- However, the Parisians want only cash for their player.
Philippe Coutinho is stuck in a limbo nowadays. The Brazilian is considered to be Barcelona's main candidate to be offloaded. However, they have failed to secure his return to England as the Premier League transfer window shut down this Thursday, August 8.
Marca now claim Coutinho is set to continue at Barcelona for the 2018/2019 campaign. This would certainly mean an end to the Neymar's infamous pursuit. The midfielder is one of the best-paid footballers at the club which makes Neymar's arrival almost impossible due to economical difficulties.
Marca, however, believe Neymar's transfer saga could hold a key to Coutinho's future. Apparently, the most viable option is for Barcelona to include Coutinho in the exchange deal to return the prodigal son back. However, the Parisians only want money for their precious asset.
Previously, Diario Sport have revealed two other options for Coutinho:
- Juventus might be looking for a Dybala replacement, should the Argentine replace Neymar at PSG. In that case, Phil has a decent chance to end up in Turin.
- Bayern Munich are running out of option for a wing reinforcement after Leroy Sane's transfer didn't go through due to a long-term injury suffered by the player. The Bavarians are looking to sign Ivan Perisic on loan from Inter but might turn their eyes to Coutinho as a short-term solution.
Earlier rumours had it that Barcelona offered Coutinho to several Premier League clubs on loan. The alleged moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal failed because the Brazilian was unwilling to accept a loan deal or play for the other Premier League club than Liverpool. However, Jurgen Klopp wasn't interested.
Download this brilliant transfer news app for Android to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!