Rafinha's MotM display against Bilbao broken down in 5 one-liners
The Brazilian turned out to be Barcelona's driving attacking force with Suarez injured and Dembele and Griezmann struggling. Tribuna.com explain what exactly Rafinha did.
- Rafinha replaced Luis Suarez in the 37th minute and he produced a stunning curler from outside the area just seven minutes afterwards.
- His next moment arrived shortly after the break: following a nice link-up play with Dembele, Rafinha attempts a near-post shot.
- In the 79th minute, Rafinha demonstrated incredible dribbling but sadly his shot was deflected and went wide.
- During the game, the Brazilian played on both flanks of the attacking half but was moved back to the midfield following Carles Perez's appearance for the final 15 minutes.
- In total, Rafinha registered an outstanding 92% passing accuracy rate, attempted four shots, provided three key passes and completed two dribbles.
Rafinha's heat map:
It remains to be seen whether Rafinha continues at Barcelona this summer. He has been linked with the Valencia move as well as the Serie A return. However, Luis Suarez's potential long-term injury lay-off could force Ernesto Valverde to veto the Brazilian's departure. If only he manages to stay injury-free...
Last season, Rafinha scored a lovely goal against Inter but missed the majority of the campaign because of knee ligaments tear.