Ray Hudson: 'If Messi was the captain of the Titanic, he’d have nutmegged the Iceberg'
- The BeIN Sports commentator is a long-time fan of Messi's.
- His other brilliant bits include this quote: "Messi soaks up the defenders like a paper towel soaks up milk."
- The Argentinean could win FOUR individual awards this year while the Ballon d'Or nominees haven't been revealed yet.
BeIN Sports commentator Ray Hudson is a famous Lionel Messi fanboy. He has mentioned several times how great the Argentinean is.
Once he has even put Messi on the board of the notorious Titanic ship. Guess what would have happened with Jack and Rose if they had the legendary Argentinean as their captain?
Hudson writes on his personal Twitter account: "If Messi was the captain of the Titanic, he’d have nutmegged the iceberg."
Here are ten other Hudson's best bits on Messi, as quoted by Quora:
- "They tell me that all men are equal in the eyes of god but this man seriously makes you think about those words."
- "In the United states, we give hurricanes a name. If they ever call one Lionel Messi, you'd better evacuate, people."
- "Waahhh.. are you kidding me? This man is absolutely mainline to pure footballing magic that belongs in a different galaxy altogether."
- "Welcome to Lionel's world, Where the insane becomes the predictable."
- "He soaks up the defenders like a paper towel soaks up milk."
- "Messi invents passing lanes, he doesn't look for them."
- "He abides in the magnetic spectrum of genius with the ball. Pure footballing magic."
- "Lionel Messi, the nerve of a cat burglar. He's as cool as the seeds inside a cucumber."
- "Arrives like a witch on a broomstick and produces the hocus pocus in front of goal."
- "He arrives like a ghost in the night. There ain't any tracking of him....X-rays couldn't track this guy down."
Messi has been nominated recently for four prestigious football accolades: FIFA The Best, UEFA Men's Player of the Year, 2018/2019 Champions League Striker of the Season and Puskas Award. As for the Ballon d'Or, the list of the nominees hasn't been revealed yet.
By the way, the Puskas award is given to the author of the best goal of the year. Messi's brilliant strike against Real Betis certainly deserves the recognition.