PSG suffer double injury blow: Neymar to stay?
- The Parisians have now lost both Mbappe and Cavani to injuries.
- If they are out for a long time, PSG could force Neymar to stay.
- However, they could also accelerate his transfer in order to sign a replacement quickly.
- This option would favour Real Madrid more as Barca reportedly consider a loan deal for the Brazilian.
Neymar's future is still unresolved as he wasn't included in the PSG matchday squad to face Toulouse on Sunday's night. Previously, their coach Thomas Tuchel insisted he would reintegrate the Brazilian as soon as the situation gets clearer. It isn't the case, though.
However, PSG may be simply forced to make Neymar stay. Their most recent game against Toulouse resulted in a 4-0 win, however, it cost them dearly. The Parisians have now lost BOTH Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani to injuries which have now left them with Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting as the first-team striker.
Cavani only lasted 14 minutes before going down with a groin issue while the Frenchman suffered a thigh problem in the second half. It remains to be seen how long either of them is going to be out.
The injury crisis at PSG may have two different outcomes:
- Neymar is forced to stay at the club to make up for Mbappe and Cavani.
- PSG accelerate the process of selling Neymar in order to get the highest profit and quickly secure his replacement's arrival.
Certainly, the second option is a bit more difficult. Furthermore, given Barcelona's financial issues, this situation could favour Real Madrid instead. Unlike the Catalans, Blancos consider signing Neymar on a permanent deal, rather than on a year-loan with an obligation to buy. PSG, for their part, would need money right now.
Also, download this brilliant news app for Android to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!