6 key reasons why Neymar’s Barcelona transfer never happened
Viewed as one of the biggest moves to crown the end of the European transfer window, Neymar's exit from PSG has never come to fruition. Independent.com list the following 6 key reasons why it never meant to be.
- Barca didn't have sufficient resources. With their funds thin and stretched they needed to add up three players to match the asking price.
- Ivan Rakitic and Jean-Clair Todibo agreed to join Les Parisiens but Dembele didn't.
- Knowing too well that Ousmane was a key figure in the deal, Dembele's agents set high financial demands for both clubs.
- Neither PSG nor Barca were able to meet the demands and Neymar's deal stalled.
- Seeing that things clearly go out of whack, Neymar had unwillingly agreed to another year at PSG.
- To sum things up in the words of Independent. "It's the first time in his career he didn't get what he wanted".
Download this brilliant transfer news app for Android to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!