5 key reasons why Barca are confident in Neymar's arrival next summer
Barcelona tried to sign Neymar this summer but the operation didn't go through. However, there are five reasons to believe the Brazilian will return to Camp Nou next summer, according to Diario Sport:
- Neymar reportedly communicated to Barca his desire to leave Paris Saint-Germain and return to Camp Nou back in May, and since then, the player and his entourage have been determined to make the move happen.
- The 27-year-old reached quickly reached an agreement with the Catalans over his wages and he is allegedly ready to undergo a significant pay cut. (He currently yearns €38m per season in France, Blaugrana are offering less.)
- Real Madrid have been pursing Ney since March but the player said 'No' to Los Blancos and even stayed at PSG when it became clear his Barca return became impossible.
- The relationship between the winger and his current club deteriorated during the summer and it is unlikely the parties will be able to make peace.
- Neymar even offered to pay €20m of his own money to help with Barca's bid, which clearly speaks of his desire to return to Catalonia.
As a reminder, Catalan outlet Mundo Deportivo reported earlier that Barcelona will have the chance to get Neymar at a cut-price next summer. The player, who doesn't have a release clause, will enter the fourth year of contract at Paris Saint-Germain.
Reportedly, there are FIFA regulations which are meant to protect players after their third year of contract in case they don't have a release clause. In such a case, it is FIFA who set the price for the defender and not the player's actual club.
According to the same report, Neymar's representatives have already consulted the officials from FIFA and his price is expected to be €170m.
Download this brilliant transfer news app for Android to keep track of all big rumours & news including your favourite club and their rivals!