'Leverage to bring in Neymar': Tribuna.com users react to Messi's reported termination clause
Yesterday, El Pais claimed that the Argentine can terminate his Barca deal at any time if he wants to join a non-European club. Here's what the fans think about the clause.
Looks like Lionel Messi's eventual departure from the Camp Nou is closer than we all might think.
• Our user Ohm Shrestha: "The day Messi retires, I will stop watching football because football is all about him and that day will be the saddest and the most emotional day of my life."
• YNLead: "We all know Messi will play at Barca until retirement."
• Tonton Dibwe: "But for me, I can say that its good for Messi to leave because we can not just relay on Messi every time. We really appreciate all that he has done for us as fans, club and a team."
• Ron Jacob: "Messi will use it as leverage to bring in Neymar. If he needs to sign [a contract] he will ask Barca to make sure Neymar becomes a part of Barca or he won't sign the contract. He started the whole saga, he will make sure the Neymar business has a happy ending."
• Keno Sosa: "Next summer he will be earning more money. But he will continue at Barca."
• Blessbfe.: "Before Messi's retirement, I will like him to play for another club."
A sad day could be upon us next summer.
Should Bartomeu offer Messi a new deal without a termination clause?