Ex-Man City player: ‘Raheem Sterling is right up there with Messi and Ronaldo’
- Trevor Sinclair makes a claim that will supposedly end Messi-Ronaldo debate once and for all.
- He backs Raheem Sterling to outshine both GOATs.
- The 24-year-old is on his way to becoming the best.
Ex-City defender Trevor Sinclair decided to stir hornets' nest by dropping a huge claim that Raheem Sterling, 24, is on his way to outshining both greats - Ronaldo and Messi.
"Raheem Sterling is right at the top of the tree, for me. If he’s not worth £200m now, I’d be surprised.
"He’s the best player playing for England and he’s the first player on the team sheet for Pep Guardiola.
"The big question now is where do you put him with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo? I would put him right amongst them. He’s there now.
"The only difference, and he can’t do anything about it, is time. They’ve been doing it and are still doing it for 15 years and he’s only just started.
"But if he continues in this form he’s showing, people are going to start talking about him being the best player in the world and I think he’s deserved that honour."
Raheem is thriving under Pep Guardiola, true that, but again, who wouldn't?
His numbers also speak for themselves but the comparison with Messi is a tall order.
Raheem Sterling in numbers:
- 98 goals in 325 outings;
- 75 goal in the Premier League;
- 8 goals + 5 assists in 9 games for England since last year.