Why Barca defence likely to become a letdown against Dortmund: explained in 30 seconds
Barcelona face their first 'real' challenge of the season as they face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. Tribuna.com argue that they might be in trouble if they don't fix their defensive problems.
- Even in a home game against Valencia, who are in complete disarray at the moment, Barcelona have conceded 9 shots (3 on target) and two goals.
- It's not a coincidence either, with Barca opponents finding the back of the net 7 in just 4 clashes to date: almost two goals conceded per game.
- Dortmund have a number of spectacular forwards who thrive on the counter-attack: they scored 13 goals in four league games.
- Paco Alcacer, who admits to be treated badly while at Barca, will be super motivated against the Catalans and very confident since he scored in every official game this season.
- The likes of Marco Reus, Jadon Sancho and Julian Brandt will be supported from the back by great passers like Mats Hummels and Axel Witsel.
- Barca are especially prone to mistakes in transition phases - something that the Germans are likely to try and take advantage of.