Did the Sevilla game referee try to help Real Madrid ahead of El Clasico? 6 brief sentences that suggest so
According to Mundo Deportivo's Xavier Bosch, Mateu Lahoz tried to intervene in Barca's plans for El Clasico already in the match against Sevilla and here's how he did it.
- Gerard Pique was trying to get a yellow card the whole match as he wanted to sit out the Eibar match through disqualification and be clear for the Real Madrid clash.
- Lahoz ignored two bookable offences from the defender and only showed him the yellow card on the third one.
- Once Luis Suarez received his yellow card, the referee tried to provoke the player once again in order to show him the second yellow and send him off.
- However, the Uruguayan didn't take the bait and finished the match.
- Mateu was quick to show Ousmane Dembele a red card after the winger said the referee was 'bery bad'.
- As a result, the Frenchman has been banned for two matches and will miss the Clasico.
Do you think Lahoz was biased against Barca?
Source: Mundo Deportivo