Umtiti's comeback, trust in MSG-trio: 5 things Valverde did perfectly right against Eibar
The Catalans won 3-0 away and became the lone La Liga leaders.
- Barcelona didn't have any problems against Eibar because of Ernesto Valverde's direct vertical approach: a lot of long balls and fewer horizontal passes.
- The boss put his trust on veteran attackers Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi who enjoyed two-weeks' rest and looked sharp during the whole game.
- He also tried Antoine Griezmann at the wing once again and the Frenchman finally delivered his best ever Barca display with one goal and one assist.
- As for other areas, Valverde seems to have stuck to the trio of Busquets-De Jong-Arthur which is the most suitable option to lead the midfield.
- Finally, the coach opted for Samuel Umtiti to cover for suspended Gerard Pique and the Frenchman delivered a stunning performance despite having missed five months.
Umtiti's stats in the 3-0 Eibar win: