Formation dilemma: Select your Barca line-up vs Leganes from 2 options!
Who should start on Saturday? Make your choice and voice your opinion in the comments below!
As Barcelona travel to face relegation-threatened Leganes within La Liga's Matchday 14, Ernesto Valverde will have to make some key choices selecting the Blaugrana's starting XI.
With three at the back formation, which Valverde hinted at during the press conference, no longer possible after Lenglet's sudden injury, Tribuna.com offer you two options of how the Catalans could line up for the clash.
Option 1. Stable XI and start for Dembele
Ter Stegen; Wague, Pique, Umtiti, Firpo; Busquets, Vidal, De Jong; Messi, Suarez, Dembele.
- As Valverde himself admitted, Dembele urgently needs to regain fitness and the only way he can do that is by playing more minutes.
- Wague replaces Semedo on the right side of back four, as predicted.
- Umtiti gets his chance to win back the place in the starting XI.
- Griezmann can replace Ousmane or Suarez later in the game.
Option 2. 4-4-2 with Griezmann as the second striker
Ter Stegen; Wague, Pique, Umtiti, Firpo; Dembele, Busquets, De Jong, Vidal; Griezmann, Messi.
- Wague might need some protection in his first La Liga game this season, moving Vidal to right midfield might help with that.
- Griezmann gets to play in his favourite role as a part of striker duo.
- Busquets and De Jong should work well in a double pivot.
Which option do you like the best?