Betis' coach Rubi says it's 99% Barca's target Loren won't leave mid-season
- The Verdiblancos' manager insists his club need the 26-year-old.
- He refers to Loren's clause which is believed to be at €40million.
- Barca supposedly offered €15-18m to sign Loren, according to previous reports.
He told the assembled media, as quoted by Onda Cero: "Loren won't leave because we don't want him to go at all. There are clauses that are there to break contracts... But he's really important to us."
Rubi added: "It's 99% that his transfer to Barcelona won't happen."
On Thursday, Marca reported that Betis rejected Barca's €15-18m bid for Loren. The striker has a €40m release clause and the Verdiblancos supposedly wanted the Catalans to pay the full sum.
Betis have only two strikers in the squad, Borja Iglesias and Loren. Letting one of them leave could cost them dearly.
So far this season, the 26-year-old attacker has contributed with 10 goals and three assists across 25 matches.