The Reds might be eager to sign another centre-back.
- According to Chris Williams, a Bundesliga reporter for AIPS, UEFA and FIFA, Schalke sources have confirmed that Liverpool have contacted them about centre-back Ozan Kabak.
- As per the source, The Royal Blues have told the Reds that their squad is settled for the 2020/21 season and the 20-year-old is not for sale.
- However, an offer of around €25m could make them change their mind, the journalist adds.
- "Schalke sources confirm Liverpool have contacted them about Ozan Kabak. Official line - squad is settled & not for disruption now season is underway. Privately told an offer around €25m could force a rethink," Williams tweeted.
- Despite such a young age, Kabak has been a starter for Schalke since January 2019.
- The 6'1'' defender has made 42 appearances across all competitions for the club's senior team, 28 of which came last term.
- Following Dejan Lovren's departure to Zenit, Liverpool's centre-back options are limited at the moment.
Source: Chris78Williams @ Twitter