FT. Tranmere Rovers 0-6 Liverpool: The Reds complete perfect start of the season!
The Reds are facing their first opponent of the pre-season!
• Full time: The Reds have just had a brilliant start of the season. A clean sheet and goals from Nathaniel Clyne, Rhian Brewster, Curtis Jones, Divock Origi and Bobby Duncan seal the win for Klopp's side. Next up is the Sunday game against Bradford City.
• How do you feel when you see Div score?
• Two best reviews of the game so far.
• And here is the only sub of the night: Atherton replaces Paul Glatzel. Ans he is wearing Anderson Aroyo's shirt.
• Interesting: Dan Atherton is a goalkeeper at Liverpool's academy but he is preparing to step in as a field player.
• This is too funny, isn't it?
• At the very start of the second half, Tranmere tried to demonstrate they know how to put pressure on their opponents but nothing reminds of it now.
• Just compare it to the last year's result.
• 6-0 - It's Bobby Duncan! Steven Gerrard's cousin was not involved in the build-up as Ki-Jana Hoever crossed the ball to Paul Glatzel. Glatzel goes down in the box, the ball is free and Duncan sends it home.
• 5-0 - Origi shows some class beating Davies in a one-on-one duel. How do you like that, Steve Nicol?
• More of the same, as Jones brilliantly finishes after Ben Woodburn's cross - 4-0 and Tranmere Rovers still can't pose any serious threat while Liverpool are having all the fun they like.
• Here we go again! The second half is underway and in case you missed it, here is the new line-up: Jaros, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.
• Perfect 45 minutes for Brewster, nearly perfect for Larouchi, Clyne and Wilson. Milner was as good as usual. Lallana did a good job playing a holding midfielder. The centre-backs and Mignolet did not have a lot to do, though Simon was tested once or twice.
• And the teams go into the tunnel. Half-time.
• 3-0 - Brewster gets the job done with a tap-in from inside the box after Davies parries Milner's shot.
• Hoever, Lewis and others are warming up while we are heading towards the half-time.
• 2-0 - Rhian Brewster heads it home after a brilliant cross by Wilson! The Reds are dominating this.
• The left-backs are absolutely on fire. Larouchi missed a golden chance and then forced the Rovers goalkeeper to make a save.
• The boss.
• And here we have the first goal of the evening! Nathaniel Clyne, an unlikely scorer, I'd say. Rhian Brewster with an assist.
• We are underway!
• Our latest potential transfer target is ready to watch the game.
• Looks like Virgil is not missing us at all!
• Blinded by brilliance.
• Buzzing for the kick-off. I mean, it's nowhere near the Madrid final but it's still great to watch the lads play after such a long break.
• The party starts in 25 minutes!
• Whom do you want to see the most?
• The stage is set...
• Bobby is not here but, actually, he is.
• Sepp van den Berg won't play but he is also on the pitch.
• The line-ups are here! There will be two different XIs for each half of the game:
First-half team: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster.
Second-half team: Jaros, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.
Additional substitute: Atherton.
• Hello and welcome to Prenton Park! Liverpool's first pre-season friendly against Tranmere Rovers will kick-off in an hour!