Liverpool close to equalling their own record and 5 more stats and facts to know ahead of Brighton game
The Reds and the Seagulls do have some history between them but it's been mostly disappointing for our opponents.
• In their last seven meetings with Brighton, Liverpool have won all seven at a combined scoreline of 22-5.
• The last away top-flight win Brighton have registered against Liverpool was more than 37 years ago, in March 1982.
• If Liverpool avoid defeat against the Seagulls, they will equal their all-time longest unbeaten run of 31 games registered between May 1987 and March 1988.
• The Reds are boasting the biggest difference in shots on target vs shots on target faced in the Premier League this season (81 to 36) while Brighton have the second-worst negative difference (43 shots on target vs 68 shots on target faced).
• Mo Salah has opened the score in each of the last three matches between Liverpool and Brighton in the Premier League.
• Sadio Mane has scored 22 goals at Anfield since the start of the last season - no other top-flight player in England has netted more at home.