- The signing of the United midfielder has always been exclusively Zinedine Zidane's wish.
- The Madrid bosses were trying to convince the head coach that this is unnecessary.
- Ever since 2015, Real Madrid were ready to bet on Fede Valverde.
- Since the summer, the balance has shifted dramatically in Valverde's favour.
- Pogba is no longer considered a priority after the Uruguayan's emergence.
Real Madrid bosses have never quite understood Zinedine Zidane's 'obsession' with Paul Pogba and the coach's desire to sign the Frenchman, considering that the player would be very expensive for the La Liga giants.
According to Saturday's edition of Diario AS, the Frenchman is no longer a priority for Madrid chiefs who were ready to bet on Valverde since 2015.
Zidane, who wanted Pogba as a player with a unique set of skills no one else possesses - a technically and physically strong box-to-box midfielder, said no to all the alternatives like Christian Eriksen or Donny van der Beek this summer.
Since the season's start, Valverde has made 18 appearances, scoring two, setting up another two goals and apparently winning Zidane's trust.