Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would reportedly welcome the Tottenham striker 'with open arms' but there's a catch. The Athletic's Laurie Whitwell explains the situation.
- Man United wanted to lure Harry Kane to Old Trafford during Louis van Gaal's reign.
- He's been linked with an exit from Tottenham at the end of the season.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the club's recruitment department didn't include the 26-year-old to the summer transfer list drawn up in February, according to The Athletic's Laurie Whitwell.
- The Norwegian would welcome the striker, who has scored 181 goals in 278 matches for Tottenham, 'with open arms' but Spurs' £150m asking price for their prized asset made Ole look elsewhere.
- The Red Devils are now likely to sign Odion Ighalo permanently as the Nigerian is ready to take 50 per cent cut on his £300,000-per-week wages at Shanghai Shenhua.
- Still, there's the hope of the England international eventually moving to Old Trafford if he makes his desire to join United 'abundantly clear'.
Source: The Athletic