Tribuna.com continue to assess the Dutchman who is expected to become a United player this week.
- The Dutchman would arguably like this role the most due to his attacking mindedness.
- He's best suited to play right behind the strikers.
- The only downside of this scenario is that Bruno will have to drop deeper; the Portuguese played in this position last season a few times but let's be realistic - Fernandes is far more productive as an attacking midfielder.
Again on the right
- This line-up is the one you could've expected from Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, on the other hand, prefers the 4-2-3-1 formation to the classic 4-4-2.
- The Norwegian uses the latter one from time to time and Van de Beek's versatility could come in handy on such occasions.
Part of Ole's diamond
- Solskjaer's used this formation numerous times last term, especially against top teams.
- We'd say this XI is the best possible one right now as it allows every player, including Van de Beek, to play in their preferred positions.
Some of you may ask why there's no option with Paul Pogba and Van de Beek as double pivots behind Bruno in the no.10 position but such scenario is rather unlikely as it Ole would definitely want to have at least one defensive midfielder in his XI and neither of the two excels in that role.
Which one is your favourite? Share your pick in the comments!