No United players in top 30 (unsurprisingly) as Messi lifts 6th Ballon d'Or
- The Ballon d'Or 2019 ceremony was held in Paris on Monday.
- Not a single United player made the 30-man shortlist beforehand.
- Messi has won his sixth Golden Ball with Liverpool's Van Dijk finishing second.
The Argentine has now overtaken the former Manchester United forward as the player with the most Golden Ball wins (six vs Ronaldo's five).
Not a single United player made 2019 Ballon d'Or 30-man shortlist before the ceremony, announced by France Football in October.
This shouldn't really come as a surprise given the club's results and the fact that Paul Pogba was the only Red Devil to be nominated in 2018.
Ballon D'Or 2019, full rankings
- 28th - Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid)
- 28th - Marquinhos (PSG)
- 28th - Donny van der Beek (Ajax)
- 26th - Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- 26th - Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)
- 24th - Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli)
- 24th - Marc Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona)
- 23rd - Hugo Lloris (Tottenham)
- 22nd - Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
- 20th - Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
- 20th - Dusan Tadic (Ajax)
- 19th - Trent Alexander Arnold (Liverpool)
- 18th - Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona)
- 17th - Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- 16th - Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
- 15th - Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
- 14th - Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- 13th - Eden Hazard (Real Madrid)
- 12th - Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- 11th - Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona)
- 10th - Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- 9th - Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- 8th - Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- 7th - Alisson (Liverpool)
- 6th - Kylian Mbappe (PSG)
- 5th - Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 4th - Sadio Mané (Liverpool)
- 3rd - Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
- 2nd - Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool)
- 1st - Lionel Messi (Barcelona)