The first cases of coronavirus in French football have been identified.
- French side Lille have started preparations for the new Ligue 1 season but three players have turned out positive for COVID-19.
- Renato Sanches, Jonathan Ikone, and Jonathan Bamba have been tested positive, the club has confirmed.
- Ikone and Bamba have been isolated.
- It's believed that Sanchez got infected in Portugal, after spending his off in his homeland.
- The 22-year-old can't leave Portugal as he has to test negative for two consecutive times.
- The Portuguese player won the Golden Boy award in 2016 and was tipped for a very bright future.
- He failed miserably at Bayern Munich, scoring only one goal during his three-year stay at the Allianz Arena.
Source: Lille FC