This is another deplorable incident after players like Tammy Abraham, Wilfred Zaha and David McGoldrick have been allegedly abused in a similar manner just this week.
- Police Scotland have opened an investigation after Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was racially abused on social media, Sky Sports reports.
- The Colombian had a live video stream on Instagram when some users left those comments.
- "We take all allegations of online abuse seriously and will thoroughly investigate such matters," a police spokesperson said on the incident.
- It's not the first time when Morelos has been the target of the racial abuse: in February, another investigation started after alleged racist comments were made towards him during Rangers' away game at Kilmarnock.
- This is far from the first incident of this nature in British football this week alone. Chelsea's Tammy Abraham, Sheffield United's David McGoldrick and Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha have all been subjected to this kind of abuse on social media.
- In Zaha's case, a 12-year-old Aston Villa fan was arrested after he threatened the winger against scoring at Villa Park, 'or I'll come to your house dressed as a ghost'.
Source: Sky Sports