These players could be the main faces of the game in next 5-10 years.
- The era of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo is going to an end, sadly but inevitably.
- It means that another player will have a chance to establish himself as the best in the world - and chances are that that play might be born in the 21st century already.
- Football analytics website Soccerment has developed a formula to determine the best wonderkids in the game.
- After some complex calculations, they ranked 50 players who were born on January 1, 2001, or after.
- Here are the top 20 of that list.
4. Lassina Traore (20, Burkina Faso, Ajax)
6. Eduardo Camavinga (18, France, Real Madrid)
9. Jeremy Doku (18, Belgium, Rennes)
16. Mohamed Ihattaren (18, Netherlands, PSV)
18. Jude Bellingham (17, England, Borussia Dortmund)
19. Adrien Truffert (19, France, Rennes)
20. Pedri (18, Spain, FC Barcelona)
- You can see the rest of the rankings, as well as the methodology behind it, by clicking here.