Complete timeline of fast-developing Cristiano Ronaldo rape story: everything we know so far
Perhaps the most difficult stage in Ronaldo's life is right now. He is accused of rape. Cristiano to serve 10 years in prison if found guilty for the alleged rape. Are you confused? Here's the timeline of the most burning story lately.
JUNE 12, 2009
• Cristiano and Kathryn Mayorga met on June 12, 2009, in a Las Vegas nightclub. Ronaldo was there on vacation with his brother-in-law and cousin. It was the summer when the star, then 24, would transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid for a then-record sum of 94 million euros.
• Mayorga, 25 at the time, was a budding model and one of her jobs was to hang out with other young, beautiful women in front of bars to lure in guests.
• On that Friday in June, the paths of the model and the multimillionaire crossed in the VIP section of Rain, a nightclub belonging to Palms Casino Resort. Paparazzi photos and videos show Mayorga standing close to Ronaldo, talking and dancing.
10 years later... SEPTEMBER, 2018
• Kathryn Mayorga has accused Cristiano Ronaldo of raping her in Las Vegas hotel nine years ago.
• She claims that the ex-Madrid forward paid her $375,000 to forget about the incident but her lawyer is now investigating the viability of such settlement.
• Mayorga told German paper, Der Speigel, that the Portuguese superstar raped her anally but afterwards asked if she was OK. She says: "By this time, he's (...) on his knees. He says the 99 percent thing. He was a good guy except for the one percent."
• Ronaldo denies the accusations and claims the sex was consensual. However, as an unnamed official document shows, Cristiano has admitted that Mayorga said: "no and stop several times."
• Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer Christian Schertz demanded compensation for moral damages. He claimed the German paper has violated Cristiano's personal rights: "[The report] violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way. This is an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy. It would therefore already be unlawful to reproduce this reporting."
• At the same time, Juve striker assures "it's a fake news": "They want to promote [themselves by using] my name. It’s normal. They want to be famous to say my name, but it is part of the job. I am a happy man and all good."
• Las Vegas Police department, however, have reopened their investigation into an allegation of sexual assault in a bid to uncover the truth.
• Der Spiegel's journalist Cristoph Winterbach deny any of Ronaldo's claims that the whole situation was 'thought-up' by the rape victim and Spiegel.
• On the other hand, Ronaldo continues to reject any rape allegations: "I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.
"Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.
"My clear conscious will thereby allow me to await with tranquillity the results of any and all investigations.”
• Portugal boss Fernando Santos did not include Cristiano Ronaldo in his squad for UEFA Nations League game against Poland and a friendly vs Scotland. Portuguese coach believes Juve striker will need some time to sort out all the pending issues both at his new club and in his private life.
• Juventus give Cristiano Ronaldo their full backing amid the rape scandal. Our club has published the following statement on the rape allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo:
• Mayorga's lawyer says another alleged rape victim gave him a call, saying she has had a similar experience. Stovall did not wish to reveal the name of the second victim, saying he would pass all the 'rape' details to Las Vegas police.
• Daily Mail claims Ronaldo to serve 10 years in prison if found guilty for the alleged rape.
• Another twist to an already complicated case of rape accusations related to Juventus star. Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha brought new information regarding the issue after countless circulating rumours. According to the paper, Cristiano Ronaldo signed the agreement with Kathryn Mayorga in 2010, pledging to pay compensation to the woman, under pressure from Real Madrid.
• Ronaldo's lawyer Peter S. Christiansen confirms that non-disclosure agreement has been reached between the two on the advice of Ronaldo's advisors he states that all the documents published by Media were altered before being 'irresponsibly published'.
Do you believe Ronaldo is innocent? Please, share your thoughts in the comments.