Gary Cahill wants to join AC Milan
- AC Milan are struck with an injury crisis with three key defenders unavailable
- The Rossoneri were for a long time interested in Cahill as an emergency January transfer
- However, now they are focused on Fabregas and Christensen
- In these circumstances, Cahill went forward to let Milan know he is available and interested, Italian media claim
- The Blues reportedly won't stand in the 32-year-old centre-back's way if he decides to move to another club in the upcoming transfer window
Italian outlet Tuttosport reports that Chelsea veteran Gary Cahill is highly interested in AC Milan switch. The player even went further to 'offer himself' directly to the Rossoneri, the media claims.
Serie A giants AC Milan repeatedly showed their interest in Gary Cahill this season. However, according to some of the latest reports, the Italian side are now primarily focused on securing Cesc Fabregas' transfer and Andreas Christensen's loan deal with Gary Cahill's move no longer on the table.
It seems AC Milan want Christensen much more than Cahill
The Rossoneri are still looking for an emergency solution for their injury crisis in defence as Romagnoli, Musacchio and Caldara are all rendered out of action.
It is also believed that Maurizio Sarri will not object to Cahill's transfer. Metro has also recently reported that Gari Cahill has been told by Chelsea that the club wouldn't prevent the defender from moving to any club in January if The Blues receive an offer which they consider acceptable.
This season the Englishman struggles to get the playing time as he has put on the Blues shirt in the Europa League and the Carabao Cup only.