The Telegraph: Henry wants to 'team up' Batshuayi with Fabregas at Monaco
- Yesterday Valencia released Chelsea forward Michy Batshuayi, who was at Mestalla on a season-long loan spell.
- The Belgian will be at Stamford Bridge in a matter of days.
- It is believed the striker will be sent on another loan by Chelsea.
- Monaco boss Henry expressed a desire to get Bats on loan and team him up with Cesc.
- Henry and Batshuayi worked together at the Belgium national team.
- Everton also interested in the striker, but would rather sign him permanently.
Monaco want Michy Batshyaui on loan until the end of the season, The Telegraph reports.
It is claimed that Monaco boss Thierry Henry, who is a big fan of Bats' finishing qualities, wants to team him up with another Chelsea man Cesc Fabregas, who awaits the finalization of his transfer to the Ligue 1 side.
Michy is also a well-known quantity to Henry, as they worked together in the Belgium national team, taking them to the historic third-place finish at the World Cup.
Yesterday Valencia's general director Mateu Alemany has officially announced that the Spanish side have cut short Michy Batshuayi's loan spell. The reason for the premature release was not officially stated. But the media understand it is due to poor striker's performance.
According to Evening Standard, Batshuayi is expected to spend the second half of the season on another loan, rather than join the Chelsea squad.
So far, Everton emerged as another possible suitor for Bats - however, the Toffees would rather take the striker on a permanent deal.