Calum returns after almost a year on the sidelines.
- First-team players Matt Macey, Calum Chambers, Emile Smith Rowe and William Saliba have been named in Arsenal U21s' starting XI to face Gillingham in the EFL Trophy.
- The Gunners won 4-2 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
- There were 13 Gunners on the pitch, as Arsenal loanees Trae Coyle and Zech Medley featured for Gills.
- Ironically, Coyle scored against his parent club.
- Saliba was heavily involved in the build-up to Arsenal's goal as Catalin Cirjan put his name on the scoresheet.
- For Chambers, it has been the first game in almost eleven months as he is in the final stage of his recovery from the ACL injury he picked up against Chelsea in December last year.
And you can watch the highlights, including Cirjan's panenka penalty which decided the shootout, here:
Source: EFL @ Youtube | Arsenal Academy @ Twitter
Calum Chambers: 'I’ve reached out to Per Mertesacker for some contacts to get the ball rolling on my coaching badges'