The attacking midfielder who is set to join the Blues in the summer has gone through a lot to find himself among the football elite. Guys from the T-Ziyech Twitter account have delved into his story.
- Hakim Ziyech grew up in a poor family as the youngest of 8 siblings in Dronten, a town in the Netherlands.
- His father was the main breadwinner in the house, but he died when Hakim was just 10 years old.
- It was a shock for the boy who, in a short time, get involved in criminal activity (in particular selling drugs); he manages to avoid prison 5 times.
- Luckily, Hakim found a mentor in Aziz Doufikar, the first Moroccan professional in the Dutch football, and takes up football seriously.
- At Heerenveen, Ziyech did not get off to a flying start; it was in his second season at a professional level when he became the team's main star and Player of the Season.
- After that, he joined Twente and two seasons later, Ajax where Ziyech became a Champions League star.
And that's a short summary of his spell at Ajax:
Source: TeamZiyech @ Twitter