Big clubs keep spending big as some high-priced deals have already been struck setting the benchmark for the rest of the window.
If we have a look at the biggest deals of the summer it may lead us to the conclusion that clubs across Europe are not going to tighten their belts.
Overall, as of August 1, clubs in the top five European leagues have completed 256 deals worth £892.7m.
Top 20 deals during this transfer window so far:
- 1. Victor Osimhen (forward — Lille to Napoli) - £73.2m
- 2. Arthur (midfielder — Barcelona to Juventus) - £66m
- 3. Alvaro Morata (forward — Chelsea to Atletico Madrid) - £59.2m
- 4. Miralem Pjanic (midfielder — Juventus to Barcelona) - £54.8m
- 5. Timo Werner (forward — RB Leipzig to Chelsea) - £47.5m
- 6. Mauro Icardi (forward — Inter to Paris Saint-Germain) - £45m
- 7. Nathan Ake (defender — Bournemouth to Manchester City) - £41m (to be confirmed)
- 8. Leroy Sane (winger — Manchester City to Bayern Munich) - £40.9m
- 9. Hakim Ziyech (winger — Ajax to Chelsea) - £33.6m
- 10. Francisco Trincao (winger — Braga to Barcelona) - £28.3m
- 11. Ferran Torres (winger — Valencia to Manchester City) - £24.5m
- 12. Emre Can (midfielder — Juventus to Borussia Dortmund) - £22.8m
- 13. Jude Bellingham (midfielder — Birmingham City to Dortmund) - £22.8m
- 14. Suso (winger — Milan to Sevilla) - £21.7m
- 15. Tomas Soucek (Slavia Prague to West Ham United) - £19.1m
- 16. Helder Costa (winger — Wolverhampton to Leeds United) - £16m
- 17. Anthony Knockaert (winger — Brighton to Fulham) - £15m
- 18. Karl Toko Ekambi (forward — Villarreal to Lyon) - £14.1m
- 19. Pablo Mari (defender — Flamengo to Arsenal) - £14m
- 20. Mario Pasalic (midfielder — Chelsea to Atalanta) - £13.5m